Braces Dana Point, CA
Braces Dana Point, CA
Your smile says a lot about you, and at John Redmond Orthodontics we’ve dedicated our lives to helping our patients achieve the smiles of the dreams with braces Dana Point, California residents rely on. Our many years of experience makes our team uniquely capable of assessing our patients’ needs to best achieve a healthy and happy smile. If you’re ready to have more confidence in your smile, contact the team at John Redmond Orthodontics, and learn more about the options available to you:
Metal braces are one of the most recognizable and reliable ways that patients use to straighten their teeth. Generally, metal braces in Dana Point, CA are made using high-grade stainless steel. The sets commonly applied today are often less noticeable, easier to tolerate, and — aesthetically — better looking than those that predate the modern technology.
Ceramic braces are often even less noticeable than the modern-day metal braces, as ceramic sets are made of a clear metal making them translucent. This is a common favorite application for adults, as they are less obtrusive in the day to day life and professional arenas. Additionally, ceramic braces in Dana Point, CA are often a better option for adults, as the brackets are more fragile than the metal ones. Another down sid is the fact that the elastic ties do tend to become discolored between visits to the orthodontist.
Lingual braces are another great option for those looking braces in Dana Point, CA, because they are customized to attach to the backside of your teeth — rather than the side seen when smiling — offering a valuable aesthetic appeal. This is a very customized option as each bracket must be custom-made and carefully fit for each patient and the treatment plan is equally customized to deliver the best results.
Aligners look and feel like clear retainers, but have the added ability to facilitate tooth correction to gradually move the teeth into alignment over time. They come in a series of different aligners, each meant to gradually progress the realignment of the patient’s teeth. As you can imagine, each aligner will initially feel tight when first put on, but overtime, become more comfortable as your teeth shift into place. This is a great solution for patients with fairly straight teeth that only needing a minor correction.
Contact a Qualified Orthodontist Today
At John Redmond Orthodontics, we understand all of the considerations that go into selecting the right braces system for our patients. Dana Point, CA braces should not be a burden on patient, but rather a well thought out and executed treatment to achieve the smile the patient has always hoped for. Whether you’re looking for treatments properly suited for children, adolescents, or even adults, the team at John Redmond Orthodontics can help you tailor a treatment plan that best suits your needs. Contact us today for braces Dana Point, CA residents trust. Call now.
Does My Child Need Braces in Dana Point, CA? And How Can I Tell?
Surprisingly, children should have an orthodontic exam at around the age of seven. One reason is that there’s a lot of diversity in tooth development at that age. It can take an orthodontist, rather than a regular dentist, to accurately identify if the child has or is developing an orthodontic problem.
Also, many conditions are easier to treat if they’re caught at a young age when a child’s growth processes are in full swing. Sometimes, severe dental challenges can be avoided through early intervention. That may preclude the need for a drastic intervention such as oral surgery later in life.
Why See an Orthodontist Instead of My Child’s Regular Dentist?
An orthodontist, rather than a regular dentist, has the qualification and training to identify if a child has or is developing an orthodontic problem. Your regular dentist can be an excellent resource, though. He or she can tell you whether your youngster, regardless of age, would benefit from seeing an orthodontist in Dana Point, CA.
How Can I Tell If My Child Needs Dana Point, CA Braces?
Here are some indications that a child is likely to benefit from consulting with an orthodontist in Dana Point, CA about braces:
- Early, late, or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting food
- Thumb or finger-sucking
- Mouth breathing (instead of nose breathing)
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, protrude, are noisy, or are recessed
- Biting the roof of the mouth or cheek
- Teeth that meet abnormally, not at all, or are misaligned
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Teeth that are larger than usual, causing crowding or misplacement
However, if you see any of these issues, your child can still see an orthodontist, even if they’re not seven years old yet.
At What Age Can My Child Get Braces?
The best age to be fitted with braces varies from patient to patient. Orthodontic treatment typically begins between ages 9 and 14. Children and teens in this age range have at least some of their permanent teeth and are still growing.
However, pre-existing issues such as periodontal disease, or worn, damaged, decayed, or missing teeth, should be addressed before orthodontic treatment. An orthodontist can work with your regular dentist to ensure that your child is a good candidate for braces in Dana Point, CA.
How Will Braces Affect My Child’s Life?
Once fitted with braces, your youngster will be able to continue to live a normal life. He or she will be able to sing, play a musical instrument, dine out, blow bubbles, and blow up balloons. And, if appearance is a concern or a family picture is in order–not to worry. Some modern braces are nearly invisible.
Some kids are eager to get braces. Others can be a little worried about what it will be like or how they will look. And yes, braces can be inconvenient at times, but lots of teens and kids have them, and they are definitely worth the trouble. So, contact an orthodontist today to discuss the different options of braces Dana Point, CA families recommend and get your child on the orthodontic path to permanent improvement. Then, just wait until you see that new smile!
Dana Point, CA Braces for Adults
There are many adults who never received orthodontic treatment as children and still deal with issues such as overbites, underbites, crowded or crooked teeth, incorrect jaw position, and jaw joint disorders. Some of these issues can cause other problems if they are left untreated.
For example, when a person’s teeth are overlapping or crowded, it can be more difficult to clean the teeth, and this can lead to gum disease and tooth decay. Another issue that many adults suffer from is malocclusion. This occurs when teeth don’t come together properly when the person closes their jaws. Malocclusion can cause problems with swallowing and chewing. Speech can also be affected by poor tooth alignment, making it hard to pronounce certain sounds.
Braces for adults in Dana Point, CA and across the country have become very popular. According to statistics from the American Association of Orthodontists, one in five orthodontic patients is over age 18.
But no matter what the age, adults can benefit from braces in Dana Point, CA just like children can. There are some differences, however. If you are an adult who is thinking about getting braces in Dana Point, CA, the following factors should be considered:
- The treatment process may take longer to complete than it does for a child or teen. Treatment time does vary from person to person, but typically, the entire process to straighten the teeth should take about two years.
- Once the braces are removed, you will likely need to wear a retainer in order to maintain the correction of your teeth.
- You may need to consult with a periodontist while you are wearing braces in Dana Point, CA. This is because the treatment may be affected by any potential bone loss because of existing gum disease.
Before making the final decision to get braces in Dana Point, CA, you will want to consult with an orthodontist. When you meet with the orthodontist, you will likely have several questions about treatment. The orthodontist can answer all of your concerns, including the following:
- How will the braces correct the problems with my teeth?
- How long will I need to wear the braces?
- How much experience does the orthodontist have with the issues I am having with my teeth?
- What are the costs involved for treatment?
Call Our Office Today
If you are considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or other member of your family, contact Dr. John Redmond Orthodontics to learn how braces Dana Point, CA patients recommend can change your smile!
The Benefits of Getting Braces
When many people think of going to the dentist, they are met with fear and anxiety. If you mention to a child or an adult that they should get braces, those fears are usually amplified. However, braces are for great to use to straighten your teeth, there are also many other benefits as well. When getting braces, Dana Point, CA only trusts John Redmond Orthodontics.
Here are some of the best benefits of getting braces at any age:
- Braces can prevent gum disease. Gum disease can cause your mouth trouble if you are not taking care of your gums and teeth properly. Braces help space your teeth correctly so you can brush and floss your teeth easily each time. Without having your teeth straightened with brace by Dana Point’s favorite orthodontist, food could become lodged in between your teeth more easily, which could way more problems than just gum disease.
- Braces inhibit tooth decay. Another common issue caused by not brushing your teeth correctly is tooth decay. Bacteria grows in the tiny crevices of your teeth which causes acid to potentially build. The acid can then cause your teeth’s enamel, a protective barrier for your teeth, to grow thin.
- Braces prevent cavities. If you are able to catch a cavity early, they can be easy to ger rid of. But if you allow the cavities to grow, they will need to be treated more in-depth, which can be very expensive. Braces are able to prevent this by spreading your teeth out so you have the ability to clean your mouth better. Essentially, being able to access the small spots in between each of your teeth is important to keep your teeth healthy.
- Braces help with digestion. Our orthodontist from Dana Point, CA can tell you that with the use of braces, your teeth will become properly straightened which will allow your mouth to chew food into tiny bits. By chewing your food into small bites, your stomach is then easier to digest the pieces rather than large chunks.
- Braces help with speech improvement. By having disproportionate teeth, it can impact the way we say our words. If teeth are not straightened, it can be difficult for someone to create certain sounds. In addition to helping with the health of your teeth, getting braces can also help the way you speak.
- Braces prevent injuries. If you have protruding upper teeth, they can be very vulnerable to getting injured if you’re in an accident. These accidents can include car accidents, falling, or through sports.
- Braces can prevent bone erosion. Another common occurrence with misaligned teeth is bone loss. This is because bone loss takes place when bacteria begins deteriorating bones. However, the orthodontists in Dana Point, CA can explain that braces will make erosion less likely to occur. Braces help realign the teeth to limit this from occurring.
There are many benefits of getting braces. Not only does getting braces help cosmetically, but they can drastically help with overall oral health too. When deciding on an orthodontist for braces, Dana Point, CA trusts John Redmond Orthodontics. Contact John Redmond Orthodontics today to schedule an appointment.